Thursday, June 2, 2011

The "Lost" photo shoot

Well, its been 6 months since my last posting.  I blame a long slow winter and beg forgiveness from the precious few who follow my ramblings.  Well, spring (and very nearly summer) is finally here, and I thought it would be a good time to get off my ass and write something and share some photography.  So here it is!

As most of you know, I went back to photography school in Jan 2010 for an 8 month long, full time program.  The weekend before I started back to school, I took a trip to Santa Fe to go snowboarding with my friend Susie.  While I was there, we visited the local "gentlemen's club" for some entertainment.  While there, I met one of the dancers named Amanda who, after a ringing endorsement from Susie as to my photographic skills, expressed an interest in modeling for me while I was in town. 

I was staying at a really cool Japanese style spa/resort called 10,000 Waves (their website is http://tenthousandwaves.com/).  For anybody going to the Santa Fe area, I highly recommend it.  They have really nice bungalo rooms, very cool spa/bathing rooms, a nude hot tub area, and a full range of spa services.  Ok enough with the endorsement, on with the story.

You might be asking yourself, "why is he rambling on, and what does all this have to do with being 'Lost'?"  Well, I'm coming to that now, and no, it doesn't involve the Dharma Initiative.  The shoot was "lost" because immediately after the shoot ended, I:  got in the car, drove to Albuquerque, got on a plane back to Virginia, where I jumped into school after only a couple of days, spent 8 months in school, another 8 months getting through another winter season, and only yesterday got around to going through the images from our shoot together and actually processed some images.  Amanda is athletic and cute, and I'm happy with the work that we did together.  So, enough with the rambling on, and on to the photography.  As always, I hope you enjoy it!

Tyler

ps.  I really have to apologize to Amanda and beg her forgiveness for taking so long to get back around to these images, and I will endeavor to be more persistent and consistent with posting updates.  TK


















No comments:

Post a Comment