Friday, August 10, 2012

Another "Lost" photo shoot: Vassanta

It's one of the funny things about life:  You're looking for something in whatever box, shelf, cupboard, or file that you're rummaging through and all of a sudden you find it!  No, not the thing you were looking for, but something else that you had totally forgotten about, and it's totally bitching!  Instantly the search for the original item is abandoned in favor of re-discovering whatever shiny bauble you have stumbled across.  Well, that happened to me today, rummaging through one of my hard drives, looking for landscapes for a client, and suddenly I found it!  A photo shoot with Vassanta that I did back in November 2008 that I hadn't even touched (from a processing standpoint.)  So out the window went my quest for pretty landscapes, and I immediately began pulling out some images to process from that long ago photo shoot.

The setting for the shoot isn't one of my beautiful outdoor locations, but rather the attic and basement in my townhouse.  I have used the attic space as a studio for several sessions, and I have occasionally set up in the basement for doing light-painting, alternative light sources, and long exposure work.  The downside of using my attic is that all of the shoots I have done there are very similar.  The upside of working in the complete darkness of the basement is that it does help conceal the fact that I'm shooting in the basement.  In any case, I pulled out 9 images from the basement that I thought were interesting, and 1 from the attic that I felt was worthy of inclusion in this posting (in spite of my own feelings of redundancy in the location,) and present them for you now.










As always, I hope you have enjoyed the images!  Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment