Thursday, August 30, 2012

Housemate Wanted to Share Middleburg Townhome



Housemate Wanted to share a townhouse in Middleburg.  $800/month, utilities included.

I am looking for a housemate to share my townhouse in Middleburg, VA.  Middleburg is located in southern Loudoun County, about 45 miles West of Washington, DC, in Virginia’s “hunt country.”  I'm located on the East end of Middleburg and walking distance to everything in town.  The space that is available is either an upstairs bedroom with windows and a closet, with a shared bathroom, or a basement room which is larger, no windows, a private 1/2 bath and a shared shower upstairs.  The townhouse is fully furnished with the exception of the available bedroom space.  I am divorced with teenaged kids who spend Wednesday nights and every other weekend with me.  The upstairs bathroom/shower would be shared with them when they are here.  Utilities including internet connection are included. 

A little more about me:  I am male, 43, non-smoker, no drugs, light drinker.  I am easygoing, very open-minded, fairly active, and enjoy sports, music, video games, and time with my friends.  I'm not a "neat freak."  I'm more of a night owl than an early riser.  I am a photographer whose primary artistic focus is the human form.  I mostly work from home, and I have photo  space and lighting equipment that would be available for my roommate to use.  I used to be a cop, which means I'm pretty security conscious and have to be comfortable with the people I allow into "my space."  I don’t have pets right now, and would prefer not to have animals in the house at this point in my life.  

What I’m looking for in a housemate:  
A few things that I would ideally like to find in a housemate:  Someone who is easygoing, open-minded, and creative, with a relaxed attitude about the human body, who has fairly similar views about life, and who is fun to have around.
A few things that are really important:  Respect for each other's belongings, paying the rent on time every month, a willingness to help keep the house reasonably clean and share the chores, and an ability to work through any issues that may arise in an intelligent, adult manner.
And lastly, because I have kids who stay with me part of the time, there are a few “must haves” for a housemate:  No drugs, no felony arrests or convictions, no restraining orders or history of violence, no alcoholics, and no smoking in the house.   
 
The space is available immediately, if you are interested, please call me at 408-892-5497 or send an email to tjk20118@gmail.com and we can arrange to meet in town, and if that goes well, I'll show the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment